Health Care Provider Partnerships & Payments
What We Are Reporting
This report includes payments and transfers of value to all US licensed healthcare professionals (HCP), US Healthcare Institutions (HCI) and US Research Entities made during the specified time period.
The following types of payments and transfers of value are being reported:
- Expert Led Panels – fair market compensation payments for conducting Company sponsored peer-to-peer educational programs and requisite speaker training, advisory boards, proctorships, and investigator meetings.
- Professional Advising – fair market compensation payments for consultative or advisory services, such as development of educational or training materials, or consultation regarding a clinical study.
- Research – fair market payments for Phase I-IV clinical trials and investigator initiated research.
- Royalties and Licenses – compensation payments for Allergan’s use of patented, trademarked or copyrighted items.
- Other in-kind (non-cash) transfers of value:
- Business Meals – value of a meal provided in conjunction with informational presentations made by an Allergan employee, provided in conjunction with an expert led panel, or in association with contracted services.
- Business Travel – value of travel provided in association with contracted services.
- Educational Materials – value of educational material provided for the benefit of the HCP/HCI, such as a textbook.
Because of delayed reconciliation for certain payments, some payments and transfers of value may not be included until a later reporting cycle.
Allergan takes great care to ensure data accuracy and completeness by employing a team of individuals whose sole responsibility is to capture, validate, analyze and report payments and transfers of value to HCP/HCI.
Due to differences in scope and definitions, the data included in this report may differ from data included in reports submitted for compliance with state payment reporting laws.